Leading Our Children to Jesus
Topic: Leading Our Children to Jesus Passage: Matthew 19:13–19:15, Ephesians 5–6:4, Luke 13:6–13:9
This is not a message just for parents. Gospel ministry is for all people regardless of race, gender, age or any other divisible factor. Think of a time before you were a parent, before you were married – when you were a single son or daughter living with a parent or guardian.
- Who helped you take steps closer to Jesus?
- Did you ever think about your role (then) as leading someone to Jesus?
Now look at your station in life right now.
- How are you helping others take steps closer to Jesus?
Specifically children. You are a part of Cornerstone. Cornerstone has children.
- Do you help them draw closer to Jesus?
- Do you pray for them?
- a) How are you modeling the Gospel to one another in the church?
Often, we view the sins Paul describes as “private” such as pornographic issues, lust, fantasy – justifying it with “as long as it is not hurting someone”.
- How do these sins hurt us and others?
- Submission - how do we model such a concept in today’s culture which is anti-submission?
- Have you ever thought intimately about how Jesus submits to the Father – yet is equal to Him? (Mind=Blown)
- Can anyone look at your life and say – you are the reason I walked away from Jesus?
- How are you living to be the reason people draw closer to Jesus?
- a) How committed are we to labor in others’ lives as God does in ours as seen in this parable (Luke 13:6-9)?
- b) How vital is efforts towards reorientation with God?