Gospel Ministry- A Invitation for Everyone
Title: Gospel Ministry- A Invitation for Everyone
Series: Vision Cast Sunday: 2018
Text: John 3:16 / Supporting Text(s)
Main Idea: God’s Love is TOO GREAT to keep a Secret!!
I. Humanities Shared Heritage
· Created in God’s Image / Genesis 1:26-27
o Of & Through Jesus / Colossians 1:15-19
· The Value of a Human Soul to God: John 3:16
II. The Road Less Traveled (aka: The Romans Road)
· The Law condemns all-> Pointing us to a Savior!
o Romans 3:10-24 (Reference John 3:17)
· Life affirms this judgment -> We all Die!
o Romans 6:23
· Why Jesus was necessary -> God made a Way!
o Romans 5:5-9
· How to Receive God’s Love -> Confess & Believe!
o Romans 10:9-13
· Being a part of God’s Family -> He is FOREVER our Father!
o Romans 5:1-5
o Romans 8:31; 38-39
III. Doing Life Together -> All Scripture Leads to Jesus!
· Growing and Sharing is hard enough as God’s child!
o Philippians 2:12-16
· Not all that make a profession are genuine
o Matthew 13:47-51
· The Gospel falls on hearts in many different seasons
o Matthew 13:1-23
Going deeper questions (SMall Group)
· What stood out to you about this sermon and why?
· Share your testimony of salvation with each other. How well do you know your story? Do you have a 3 min, 10 min, or full version ready for any moment?
· Share how you led someone to Jesus. Share what you felt- fear, nervousness- how did you overcome to share & lead?
· The deeper we know God’s love (daily) the more passionate we share (witness). How do you keep this love passionate?
Read John 3:1-21
Here we find Jesus having a conversation with a Pharisee who came to Him under the guise of nightfall. Let’s unpack this discussion together!
Vv.2-3. Why did he come to Jesus at night?
Vv.4-8. What is the difference between being born in the flesh and born in the spirit? Which birth leads to the kingdom of God?
Vv.9-16 How is the reference to Moses significant to the work of Jesus?
Vv.17-21 What does Jesus mean, He did not come to condemn the world, but save it? Is your witness one of condemnation or salvation? What is the difference?