Tribulation (Part 2) -The Gospel Brings Us Home!
Title: Tribulation (Part 2) -The Gospel Brings Us Home!
Text: Revelation 7-8:1
Main Idea: God’s Kingdom is Coming; His Will is Being Done
- The Gospel- God’s Promise for all generations!
- A Father’s Desire (Genesis 12:1-3)
- A family would know God (Be Blessed) and make God known to other families (Be a Blessing)
- A Fathers Prayer (Genesis 49:28-33)
- Jacob was a “little bit of faith with a whole lot of selfishness” as a fatherly influence. His Legacy was youthful foolishness tempered by aging grief that birthed wisdom.
- A Father’s Love (Put to the Test)
- Dan-Was an energetic son; “settling down” was not in his DNA (Gen. 49:17-18; Deuteronomy 33:22); Was marginalized and found solace in Idolatry (Judges 18).
- Ephraim- Influence came to define the whole Norther region of Israel before Captivity (Hosea 5:3-7); Yet was NEVER outside of God’s love (Jeremiah 31:20-22)
- A Father’s Faithfulness (Standing Test of Time) Isaiah 49: 1-26
- Tribulation Saints- The Gospel Brings Us Home (Revelation 7)
- God Seals His own (Vv.1-3)
- Those redeemed through the Tribulation
- Jewish- 144k (12 of each Tribe) (Vv. 4-8)
- Gentile- A multitude beyond Number (Vv.9-17)
III. Seventh Seal is Broken (Revelation 8:1)
- When Heaven is silent
Going deeper questions (SMall Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- Do you find yourself relating more to Dan or the other, more faithful tribes to God? Do you have a “Dan” in your life? How have they hurt you? How are you loving them?
- How does the Gospel bring us all the way home?
- How does God’s faithfulness to Israel give us confidence to trust Him?
Who will you share God’s love with this week?