Seeking the Face of God (Part 4)
Going deeper questions (Life Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- What happened to King Uzziah and why? What made Isaiah’s experience with God different?
- Explain the paradigm between tongues and prophecy.
- In the church, what does pursuing look like? Nurturing? Submitting? Affirming?
- Is the Spiritual gifting reserved for a particular sex? Explain.
- When it comes to the overall (total) church Body, what qualification(s) does God provide for affirmation of those He raises up? Who are the Pastor / Elders of Cornerstone Chapel? How often do you pray for them and their families?
Title: Seeking the Face of God (Part 4)
Series: Living in the Holy Spirit
Text: Key Passage- Deuteronomy 8:3
Main Idea: Knowing God as He Knows Us!
- The Whole Earth is Filled with His Glory! (Isaiah 6)
- Uninvited, a king defies warning and takes what is not his, abusing his power (2 Chronicles 26:26-23).
- Invited, a prophet is brought into God’s presence, receives atonement and brings God’s Kingdom into his world (Isaiah 6)
- Isaiah would proclaim a message falling on uninvited hearts (judgment) until the remnant remains (salvation) to proclaim God’s Kingdom.
- Worship that Honors and Builds Up (1 Corinthians 14)
- God gives gifting through His Spirit for unity, not division (Note -> 1 Corinthians 12:21-13:13)
- The question: is the benefit for us or others? (Vv.1-25)
- Tongues = God and Ourselves.
- Prophecy = God, ourselves and others.
- Pursuing. The Body is experiencing God and coming prepared to offer in Worship (v.26)
- Tongues:2-3, in turn with interpreter. (27-28)
- Prophecy:2-3, in turn with opportunity for the Spirit to work in others (Nurture / Inspire) (29-32)
- Submissive. Paul’s not saying the Spirit’s spiritual gifting is reserved to men only (Note 11:5, 13) but is an acknowledgement to the Leadership roles of Pastor / Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7) to guide all things done in obedience to the building of the Body for the Glory of God.
- Affirming. the Spirit is present- desire & surrender (36-40)
III. Leaders who LEAD others closer to Jesus 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Men who love, lead and nurture like Jesus- modeling a history of pursuing and receiving this by His Hand, through His Spirit, and for His Glory.