The King -Jesus is Coming (Part 4)
Going deeper questions (Life Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- What was significant with Jesus reigning over the House of Jacob forever? Why did that same House want Him crucified then?
- What is significant about pointing out problem’s verses creating them? Do you ever ignore something because you feel like you would be creating a problem by pointing something out? Name a time you did, and it went bad / went well.
- Looking at how a king could lead others closer or away from God, draw a circle and name five people you are around the most in one week. Are those people being led closer to God by your influence?
- Is Jesus your king? (Have everyone answer). If yes, have the person next to you share how they see this affirmation as real in your life (encouragement exercise). What is God speaking into / over you right now?
Title: The King -Jesus is Coming (Part 4)
Series: Advent Season 2018
Text: Key Passage- 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
Main Idea: Jesus- A King Whose Kingdom is Present and Coming!
- A House Divided
- Mary is told that she would become the mother of Jesus who would receive the Throne of David and reign over the House of Jacob (Luke 1:32-33)
- Thirty years later, standing before Pontius Pilate, a Roman (Gentile) Governor, Jesus is accused by the House of Jacob as leading efforts toward insurrection. (John 18:33-38)
- Pilate tiers his verdict on the question, Are you the King of the Jews?
- Jesus did not divide this House; He shined a light on how deep the division was and how it strayed from God’s Heart (Luke 4:18-21) -> NOTE Matthew 23:23-24
- A King who balances authority and love in ways that leads toward God -> Deuteronomy 17:14-20
- A King who does not will lead away from God -(Isaiah 1:1-17)
- God, as a Father invites His children to come home (Isaiah 1:18-20)
III. The Kingdom of Jesus (Present and Coming) (Philippians 2)
- Because Jesus is our King, we love as HE LOVED (Vv 2:1-11)
- Because Jesus is our King, we live as HE LIVED (Vv.12-18)
- Which side of the House are we on? (2:12-13)
- Do not create division; illuminate it so that Jesus can be seen, God’s invitation to Come Home!
Is Jesus YOUR King?
- If not, God is inviting you to come home. Come to Jesus who alone can wash away your sin and welcome you into God’s Family.
- If Yes, be that light this Season helping others to see their need for Jesus and answer God’s Invitation!