Preparing the World for Jesus!
Going deeper questions (Life Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- Why were the 12 sent “expected” while the 70 were not? How does this affect an attitude change in how we view our own role in Kingdom labors?
- What are the 3 types of Healing? Define each and how Jesus is the remedy.
- How are they interconnected, or how can they affect the other (Spiritual / emotional or emotional / physical)?
- What brought Jesus joy in this passage? What other times in the Bible do we see Jesus being filled with Joy? Is this your strength to live for Him today?
Title: Preparing the World for Jesus!
Series: New Year 2019
Text: Key Passage- Luke 10:1-24
Main Idea: We are sent to prepare with Kingdom Authority!
- A Change in Attitude (Luke 10:1-2)
- Expected: Jesus sends the Twelve Disciples (Luke 9:1-6)
- Note Numbers 11:28-29 Luke 9:49-50
- Unexpected: Jesus sends Seventy (72?) others (Luke 10)
- Sent into places Jesus intended to go into (v.1)
- The harvest is ready; serve and pray! (v.2)
- A Mission of Declaration & Demonstration (Luke 10:3-16)
- Characteristics of those sent:
- As lambs among wolves (v.3)
- Not self-sufficient; focused on the Mission (v.4)
- Declaring Peace with God (Gospel) (v.5) and living off the generosity of family (Vv.6-8)
- Healing (all interconnect in different ways / levels)
- Spiritual. Sin separates us from God; through Jesus we are forgiven but sinning unconfessed can wound us, bringing illness. (1 Corinthians 11:28-34; 2 Chronicles 7:11-16; I John 1:5-10)
- Emotional. Sins that we have committed or others against us have scarred us to a point we no longer feel; or we feel in the area of guilt, shame- despair. (Psalm 32)
- Physical. Sin has brought disease into our world; Jesus has brought healing. (Romans 5:12; Mark 2:1-12; Isaiah 53)
III. The JOY of the LORD Is our STRENGTH! (Luke 10:17-24))
- The Seventy return with JOY (v.17); Jesus declares the original casting out! (v.18)
- We are swallowed up in Jesus; His Name is declared as ours is written with Him eternally (Vv.19-20)
- Jesus is FILLED with JOY for the work that is unfolding…His Kingdom is Coming! (Vv.21-24)
- See & NOTE Jeremiah 31:31-36!