“Don’t Throw in the Towel!” -God
Going deeper questions (Life Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- How did Prophets represent God’s presence all the time, not just in moments of crisis (ER Visits)?
- Talk through each of the 7 attributes of Jesus in Vv.2-4. How has this brought / bringing you comfort and strength?
- Have you ever had someone not be there for you? Not be the person they should be in your life with their actions / words? How has this hurt you?
- Have you transitioned those experiences on God- where are / were you God? How do verses 5-14 comfort you?
- What has stopped you from throwing in the towel before? Are you a part of helping others hold on and keep going? Take time to love on each other with words of encouragement, transparency and prayer.
Title: “Don’t Throw in the Towel!” -God
Series: Hebrews: Humanity’s Only Hope
Text: Key Passage-> Hebrews 1
Main Idea: Don’t Throw in the Towel on our Faith in Jesus!
- “I’m More than an ER Visit” -God (v.1)
- God sent His Prophets to speak into people’s lives daily; We tend to only hear about / listen when we are at a crisis moment.
- Remember: Prophets both forth-tell and fore-tell.
- “Look to My Son, Jesus” -God (Vv.2-4)
- God speaks through His Son:
- Jesus- Heir (Bringing Heaven and Humanity together)
- Jesus- Creator (Always God’s intention)
- Jesus- Radiator (Son is not lesser than Father)
- Jesus- Exact Imprint (Image that we are shaped into)
- Jesus- Sustainer (The Finish Line will be Crossed)
- Jesus- Purifier (We are Prepared & Being Prepared)
- Jesus- Ruler (All is working toward this Union)
III. “I Have Always Been There” -God (Vv.5-12)
- “Take Refuge in Me” -Psalm 2 / Hebrews 1:5
- “Don’t settle for less than Me” -Psalm 97 / Hebrews 1:6
- “I Will Be your Strength” -Psalm 104 / Hebrews 1:7
- “I’m NOT leaving you; WE are in this Together” -Psalm 45 / Heb 1:8-12
- “I’m Not Letting You Throw that Towel In!” -God (Vv.13-14)
- God’s Kingdom is Coming; Heaven is HERE! (v.13)
- Heaven is the balance of all things in Him. Our YES to Him in Bible reading, prayer and life / service brings Heaven into our lives and overflows into others.
- There is Spiritual Warfare behind the physical reality we see and live in; battle for and on behalf of us. Do not loose heart; do not deny Jesus! There is no compromise- AT ALL COST, DO NOT THROW IN THAT TOWEL! (v.14)