“Read the Warning Label” -God
Going deeper questions (Life Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- What is the role of Angels based on Hebrews 1:13-14 & Matthew 18:10-14? How does this affect our relationship with others in God’s family?
- What is the warning label on our faith? Have you ever considered our faith had a warning label? Why do we neglect the warning on things-including our faith?
- Do you struggle more with familiarity / or business when it comes to growing your faith?
- What is the heavier side of taking God seriously? How are you growing in the Spirit- displaying God’s signs, wonders & miracles?
Title: “Read the Warning Label” -God
Series: Hebrews: Humanity’s Only Hope
Text: Key Passage-> Hebrews 2:1-4
Main Idea: Read the Warning Label on our Faith-it can help us!
- “I Care About You” -God (Hebrews 1:13-14)
- Jesus, seated and reigning with the angelic beings in submission to His will, sends them for us. (1:13-14).
- God cares about us- us a father his children- and pursues us with the strength of Heaven (Matthew 18:10-14)
- “Warning Labels Matter” -God (Hebrews 2:1)
- Warning #1: Pay closer attention (2:1a)
- We must listen to the message of His Son (1:2) When our understanding conflicts with teaching of Scripture we must let go, trust and obey!
- Warning #2: Beware of drifting away (2:1b)
- Neglecting to learn and grow in our faith has consequence.
As the storms of opposition rose, some of them (audience) were drifting further and further away from Christ toward the shoals of shipwreck in their old world of Judaism.
-R Kent Hughes
III. “Storms Can Reveal Opportunity” -God (Deeper in 2:1)
- Be Cautious of:
- Familiarity / Boredom with the Bible. When the new becomes every day, our hearts wander. Note: 2 Samuel 11-12
- Being so tasked driven or cluttered we lose out on the most important thing- time with Jesus! Note: Luke 10:38-42
- “Take Me Seriously” -God (Vv.2-4)
- Light and Heavy- a Hebrew method / style of argument that reasons what is true in the light is also true in the heavy.
- Light ->Vv. 2-3a. (See Acts 7:35-43). Disregarding the Law brought immediate, long term, generational consequence.
- Heavy -> Vv. 3b-4.
- Announced: God through Jesus.
- Confirmed: Jesus through Apostles (witnesses)
- Testified: Apostles to us (Spirit with signs, wonders & miracles).