We Must Be Firm in our Faith!
Going deeper questions (Life Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- What do the names Ahaz, Isaiah, and his two sons mean? How did Ahaz fail to live up to his potential?
- Does your prayer life reflect a belief in God’s invitation to ask of Him? How does James 4:1-10 impact you?
- How is following Jesus difficult at times? How does John 6:60-71 challenge your faith? How does 2 Timothy 1:8-14 encourage your faith?
- What does it mean to place our faith in Jesus? Is your faith anchored in Him alone? How do you strengthen this; or how will you invest to strengthen this more and more each day?
Title: We Must Be Firm in our Faith!
Series: Hebrews: Humanity’s Only Hope
Text: Key Passage-> Hebrews 2:13-18
Main Idea: Faith is taking God at His Word, Trusting and Living it out!
- Trust in God’s Promises (Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 7-8))
- The Invitation of God / the Potential of His People
- Ahaz: One that takes or possesses
- The Prophetic Promise of God in a family:
- Isaiah: Yahweh is salvation
- Maher-shalal-hash-baz: the spoil speeds, the prey hastes
- Shear-jashub: A remnant shall return
- Though evil raises its fist, God invites us to cast of fear and stand on His Word in Faith! (Isaiah 7:1-9)
- Ahaz failed to live up to his potential because he failed to pursue God (Isaiah 7:10-14)-We need Jesus!
- Contrast: James 4:1-10
*To seek God in prayer is to know and follow God’s Word. As we follow, like a magnet all our life comes into submission to His Will for His Glory!
- Trust in God- if not you will wander, dying with each day and blaming leadership and God (Isaiah 8:11-22)
- Faith PLACED in Jesus… (Hebrews 2:14-18)
- Jesus shares in our humanity (hypostatic union), through it (suffering) unto the cross, defeating the power of death (devil) and those enslaved (daily dying on road to death) (2:14-15)
- Jesus is the ultimate and only promise of God provided for us to place faith in for salvation (2:16)
- Like Ahaz, we have potential but cannot know it without faith anchored in Jesus -> NOTE: John 6:60-71.
III. …Leads to a Life LIVED for Jesus! (Hebrews 2:17-18)
- Jesus is our ultimate example- let us place our faith in Him and stand in Him alone -> 2 Timothy 1:8-14
Will you humble yourself, pursue Jesus, and call on His Name? Will you allow the Holy Spirit to empower and guide you in all things for His Glory?
Will you say YES! to Jesus today?