Jesus is Alive! What Now?
Topic: Jesus is Alive! What Now?
Going deeper questions (Life Group)
- What stood out to you about this message and why?
- Where was Jesus buried and why? What were the Chief Priests and Pharisees afraid of? Why was the tomb opened? (Point I)
- What are the differences between Jesus’ First Coming as Savior and His Second Coming as King? (Point II)
- What is God’s invitation? How does it go out into the world today? (Point III)
- What has Christ freed us to do? How can we grow to know and love Jesus more, serving Him with greater passion and worship? (Ephesians 1:17-18) (Point IV) Asking God to open our eyes to see Jesus clearer without being in the Word is counterproductive- How is your Bible reading and Prayer life? Is your passion and witness for Jesus growing in strength daily or weakening? I pray for you daily in His Name and Love! -Damian
Title: Jesus is Alive! What Now?
Series: Resurrection Sunday 2019
Text: Key Passage-> Supporting Text
Main Idea: Jesus is Alive- He is risen, Just as He Said!!
- And this Happened! (Matthew 28:1-10)
- Jesus is dead
- Body wrapped and sealed in a tomb (Matthew 27:57-61)
- Eye of the Storm (Matthew 27:62-66)
- Jesus is alive
- Tomb is opened for a witness to it being empty
- Both an angel and Jesus affirm the meeting in Galilee for His Disciples
- Scripture Fulfilled (1 Corinthians 15:1-11)
- In Jesus’ Coming as Savior from sin (1 Corinthians 15:1-11)
- Encouragement to hold on to our Faith in Jesus’ Resurrection, for the witness of Scripture has come to pass.
- Even if life seems like all is falling apart, everything is going according to God’s Plan as seen in the Gospel.
- Grace is the foundation of the Gospel- Jesus dealt with our sin once and for all as Paul discovers sufficient for himself. It is through our witness God draws others to Faith.
- In Jesus’ Return as King to Judge (Psalm 2)
- Rebellion of humanity/ Response from God (Vv.1-6)
- Reign of Jesus / Divine Rule (Vv.7-9)
- Grace or Judgment- our Responsibility (Vv.10-12)
III. Freed to Serve our Coming King
- Jesus sends His Disciples out with Authority (John 20:19-23)
- Our faith in Jesus frees us to live in and for Him through His abiding Spirit (Romans 8:1-11)
- All is given to His Reigning Son, Jesus (Ephesians 1:15-23)
Will You Be RENEWED in Him Today