Olivet-Who Do You Say Jesus Is
Sermon Title: “Olivet-Who Do You Say Jesus Is?”
Sermon Series: The Final Hour
Text: Matthew 24:3-14
Speaker: Pastor Damian Mericka
- Introduction: The Mount of Olives- A Place of Offence. (Matthew 24:3)
- When will these things be?
- What will be the sign of Jesus’ Coming?
- What will be the sign of the end of the world (age)?
Deception. Disputes. Devastation. Deliverance. Defection
As we shall see, each flow into the next. But it begins with how we answer, who is Jesus?
- Deception by False Christs. (Matthew 24:4-5)
- False Messiah’s.
- Matthew 16:15-18.
- The Heart of the Warning
- Hebrews 3:12-13
- Matthew 7:22-23
- The Context of the Warning
- 1 John 2:18
- The enemy behind this effort: Satan and Demons
- Revelation 12:9
- The work they do in this world: Distract through deception
- 2 Corinthians 4:4
- The culmination into the Antichrist of the Tribulation Period.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:3
- Revelation 13:3
- Disputes and Devastation Among the Nations (Matthew 24:6-8)
- Disputes among the Nations (Vv. 6-7a)
- Devastation touching the whole world. (Vv.7b-8)
- Revelation 6:7-8
- Deliverance of Believers (Matthew 24:9)
- Revelation 11:3-13
- Defection of False Faith (Believers / Apostates) (Matthew 24:10-13)
- Suffering purges illegitimate faith.
- Matthew 13:20-21
- What is our Faith in Christ to be measured by?
- John 8:31
- 1 John 2:19
- False Prophets appeal to those not walking in the Truth of God’s Word.
- 2 Corinthians 11:14
- The Pleading of faithful Pastors falls upon ears that grow deaf to the Word of God.
- Revelation 9:20-21
- Conclusion -We Know How This Story Will End! (Matthew 24:14)
And in this lies the mission before us as followers of Jesus Christ!
Jesus Church will be built.
Jesus’ Kingdom will come.
Jesus will see His enemies under His feet.
Jesus will Reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
This week, no questions. I want you to read the following:
- 1 John regarding the assurance of your salvation.
- 2 Peter regarding dangers of falling into things other than God’s Word for Truth.